Hello friends! It’s that time of the week again and I hope you’re all ready to show this character some love! The past couple Characters of the Week have been from YA lit so I thought that it’s time to change gears and highlight a character from NA lit today. I met this character about a year and a half ago and they’ve become one of the most important characters in my life. Not to sound cliche when I say they changed my life but they really changed my life. I have never related so closely to a character than I do with them.
So, this week’s character is…..
WHO IS THIS CHARACTER?
If you’re unfamiliar with NA, you probably won’t know who Lily Calloway is. She can be found in the Addicted series by Krista and Becca Ritchie which revolves around the life of her and the rest of her sisters, Rose and Daisy, with their respective love interests. You should probably know that Lily is a sex addict but she doesn’t want it to define her nor does she let it. The things that Lily overcame in her journey is so incredible and only proves how strong she truly is. She learned what drove her to act in such a way and discovered how to control it with her best friend, Loren Hale, by her side every step of the way. But Lily Calloway is more than just sex and that’s what we should focus on. She is a wonderful sister and friend, some would even say that she makes them better people (*cough* Ryke Meadows *cough*). She is a self-proclaimed geek who is in love with all things Marvel and has pop culture references for days. But Lily is also incredibly shy and has anxiety and she’s an introvert. Above all, Lily Calloway is the strongest character I know. She proves that you don’t need to be a physical threat to be strong and you don’t have to be the person who kills people and leads a revolution to be strong. She shows how the everyday person can be strong by simply overcoming their struggles and fears, by finding the best love that they can, and by becoming the person that they want to be. That is why I love Lily so much and you should too.
- Her birthday is August 1st
- Her middle name is Martha
- She has three sisters in total: Poppy, Rose, and Daisy (her mom had a thing for flower names)
- She is a proud Hufflepuff
- One of her favourite book series is The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- She gets easily embarrassed and turns bright red
- She has a Wampa hat that she wears constantly
- She is a wonderful mother to her four children: Maximoff, Luna, Xander, and Kinney
- “I’m tougher than you think. You just need to believe in me, you know, like a fairy.”
- “I am strong. I have powers.”
- “I’m always going to be a sex addict. But I’m more than just sex.”
- “It’s beautiful up here, and even if I fear falling, it’s nice to know I’ve been down that road before. And I can always walk to the top again.”
- “In the end it wasn’t a boy who helped me, it was my sister.”