Hey everyone! Once again, it’s Friday, the end of the week, so by now you should all know what that means: COTW time!! Every week I keep finding it harder and harder to pick one character to focus on because there are SO many great characters out there that deserve so much love and I can never decide on one. I swear, my mind changes like ever other day on who to do. It sucks. But I finally settled on one amazing, wonderful character that is a true angel. *wink*
This week’s character is…..
WHO IS THIS CHARACTER?
I know what you’re all thinking: who the hell is Raffe? Why doesn’t he have a last name? Am I being punked? Raffe is a character found in the amazingly underrated series Penryn and the End of Days written by Susan Ee. The first thing you need to know about Raffe is that he’s an angel. Literally. Like big white wings, a messenger of God, the whole shebang. The series is basically about an angel apocalypse and the world is now dominated by said angels. Our buddy Raffe here actually has his wings cut off by his fellow angels, who were plotting against him, and now has to navigate the mortal world alongside the hero, Penryn. Raffe, in a nutshell, is amazing. He’s a bad boy, he’s an angel…..he’s a bad boy angel. That alone just makes him the best. But he’s also incredibly broken and it’s not just because he lost his wings and that just makes you want to wrap him in a blanket and protect him forever. He’s also incredibly protective of Penryn even though he knows that he can never get involved with a Daughter of Man, but that doesn’t stop him from doing everything he can for her. I don’t know how many times I can stress how amazing Raffe is without sounding crazy or redundant but if you’ve read the series then you’ll definitely know what I mean.
- His full name is Raphael (yep, he’s that angel)
- He’s an Archangel
- He has black hair and blue eyes
- He is a warrior demigod
- He used to be the commander of a legion of elite angels called the Watchers
- He’s also known as the Wrath of God
- He’s in love with Penryn Young
- “I never kid about my warrior demigod status.”
- “I’ve mentioned that names have power, right? Do you realize that when she fights battles, she’s going to have to announce herself to the opposing sword? She’ll be forced to say something ridiculous like, ‘I am Pooky Bear, from an ancient line of archangel swords.’ Or, ‘Bow down to me, Pooky Bear, who has only two other equals in all the worlds.’ How is she going to get any respect?”
- “I hated losing her. I hadn’t realized just how attached I’d gotten. How dangerously addictive she could be.”
- “From everything I’ve heard, that would just make me more sexy to you Daughters of Men. What is it that you all see in bad boys?”
- “Lately, I seem to be all about you.”
- “If I were I human, I’d plow the nicest farm for you.”